Sustainable Development Research
Welcome to Sustainable Development Research. Our aim is to bring you all the latest news about sustainability-related research and resources, events, calls, case studies and jobs.
Everyone deserves the right to comfortable living standards with greater home comforts and affluence. Global economic prosperity is vital if countries around the world are to continue their prosperous growth. In order to achieve this, businesses need to supply ever increasing standards of product functionality and quality that meet the needs of the people they are trying to sell them to and at sales prices they can afford to pay.
In order to achieve this, global workforces need to be well educated and highly skilled with ongoing personal development to ensure that working practices are always at the cutting edge. Likewise, everyone has the inalienable right to a clean, safe and healthy environment.
Therefore, the objective of sustainable development is to bring into harmony our environmental, economic and social needs for the benefit of generations of present and future global inhabitants. Sustainable development involves an integrated, long term approach to the creation of prosperous and healthy communities by the coordination of social, economic and environmental issues while at the same time conserving and protecting against over exploitation of the earth’s precious resources.
Consequently, sustainable development is activity which satisfies the needs of the present generation without impacting on future generations’ ability to satisfy their own human needs. In policy terms, the achievement of economic growth that is environmentally sustainable is economic activity that meets the needs of today’s world without depriving future generations of natural resources that we take for granted today.
The sustainable development concept was first introduces in the early nineteen eighties via the activities of the World Wildlife Fund, the United Nations Environment Programme and the International Union for Conservation of Nature with the aim via a global conservation strategy to reconcile global development and conservation agendas and subsequent activities.
Development with sustainability in mind, inspires us to enhance and conserve our precious resources by evolving the how we manage our development through deployment of new emerging technology and new methods identified by scientific research whilst at the same time, allowing nations to fulfil the base needs of their citizens by way of food, employment, energy, sanitation and water supply. That is why the accurate predictive measurement of sustainable using proprietary auditing software is critical to the modelling activities of scientists, economists and political reseachers.
To achieve this in a sustainable manner, population levels need to be controlled, economic growth supported proactively. In addition, “developed” nations must ensure that “developing” countries are allowed to have a similar level of prosperity and economic growth across 4 key aims of sustainable development including:
- stable, growing economies
- social equality & progress
- conservation of natural resources
- environmental protection
Such objectives can be realised by the reduction of poverty, pollution, unemployment and substandard housing. There is no excuse for any human being on our planet being treated unfairly. The threat to our environment from low air quality and major changes in our global climate, should be mitigated to keep our environmental and our people in the best of health! Reducing our reliance on fossil fuels which cannot be renewed can be done by introducing more efficient energy usage while simultaneously seeking viable alternatives for the longer term.
See the Policy Studies Institute website here
- Priyanka Chopra-Jonas Joins Global Citizen and Teneo During the World Economic Forum to Urge World’s Billionaires to Give More as Part of Global Goal Live: The Possible Dream Campaign - Yahoo Finance
- Vice premier Han calls for 'open' world economy - SHINE
- Rising inequality affecting more than two-thirds of the globe, but it's not inevitable: new UN report - UN News
- UBS is Guiding Investors to Close the ‘Climate Finance Gap’ - Barron's
- New report shows how vital government spending is for sustainable development - RealWire
- Brazil to create 'Amazon Council' to protect and develop the rainforest - Reuters
- Janngo: accelerating sustainable development in Africa | Leadership - African Business Chief
- Brazil to create 'Amazon Council' to protect and develop the rainforest - Yahoo Finance
- Lyon Airport to expand robotic parking service with additional spaces - International Airport Review
- What’s The Role of Electricity In The Circular Economy? - Forbes
- Japanese firms shine for Asia in ranking of world's greenest corporate giants - Eco-Business
- Japanese plastics firm shines for Asia in ranking of world's greenest corporate giants - Eco-Business
- Zimbabwe to host sustainable development forum - New Business Ethiopia
- Ingersoll Rand Named One of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE - Business Wire
- CSR: CG Foundation to foster Sustainable Development of Regional Ecosystems - IndiaCSR