Sustainable Development Research
Welcome to Sustainable Development Research. Our aim is to bring you all the latest news about sustainability-related research and resources, events, calls, case studies and jobs.
Everyone deserves the right to comfortable living standards with greater home comforts and affluence. Global economic prosperity is vital if countries around the world are to continue their prosperous growth. In order to achieve this, businesses need to supply ever increasing standards of product functionality and quality that meet the needs of the people they are trying to sell them to and at sales prices they can afford to pay.
In order to achieve this, global workforces need to be well educated and highly skilled with ongoing personal development to ensure that working practices are always at the cutting edge. Likewise, everyone has the inalienable right to a clean, safe and healthy environment.
Therefore, the objective of sustainable development is to bring into harmony our environmental, economic and social needs for the benefit of generations of present and future global inhabitants. Sustainable development involves an integrated, long term approach to the creation of prosperous and healthy communities by the coordination of social, economic and environmental issues while at the same time conserving and protecting against over exploitation of the earth’s precious resources.
Consequently, sustainable development is activity which satisfies the needs of the present generation without impacting on future generations’ ability to satisfy their own human needs. In policy terms, the achievement of economic growth that is environmentally sustainable is economic activity that meets the needs of today’s world without depriving future generations of natural resources that we take for granted today.
The sustainable development concept was first introduces in the early nineteen eighties via the activities of the World Wildlife Fund, the United Nations Environment Programme and the International Union for Conservation of Nature with the aim via a global conservation strategy to reconcile global development and conservation agendas and subsequent activities.
Development with sustainability in mind, inspires us to enhance and conserve our precious resources by evolving the how we manage our development through deployment of new emerging technology and new methods identified by scientific research whilst at the same time, allowing nations to fulfil the base needs of their citizens by way of food, employment, energy, sanitation and water supply. That is why the accurate predictive measurement of sustainable using proprietary auditing software is critical to the modelling activities of scientists, economists and political reseachers.
To achieve this in a sustainable manner, population levels need to be controlled, economic growth supported proactively. In addition, “developed” nations must ensure that “developing” countries are allowed to have a similar level of prosperity and economic growth across 4 key aims of sustainable development including:
- stable, growing economies
- social equality & progress
- conservation of natural resources
- environmental protection
Such objectives can be realised by the reduction of poverty, pollution, unemployment and substandard housing. There is no excuse for any human being on our planet being treated unfairly. The threat to our environment from low air quality and major changes in our global climate, should be mitigated to keep our environmental and our people in the best of health! Reducing our reliance on fossil fuels which cannot be renewed can be done by introducing more efficient energy usage while simultaneously seeking viable alternatives for the longer term.
See the Policy Studies Institute website here
- Greece Welcomes UNWTO Support for Sustainable Tourism Growth - Modern Diplomacy
- NE Sustainable Development Goals Conclave to be held in Assam next week - Outlook India
- VF Corp offers notes to fund sustainability projects - just-style.com
- Northeast Sustainable Development Goals Conclave 2020 in Assam - Northeast Now
- Cereal sustainability - Wicked Leeks
- 'We have an opportunity to transform Montreal' | City News - The Suburban Newspaper
- Quark Expeditions Releases First Annual Sustainability Report Integral To Its Polar Promise Strategy - Chinook Observer
- Quark Expeditions Releases First Annual Sustainability Report Integral To Its Polar Promise Strategy - PRNewswire
- What Real Estate Investors Really, Really Want - D Magazine
- Meet the Eco-Business A-Listers: Ellie Tang, real estate sustainability builder - Eco-Business
- Silver Industry Voices its Ongoing Commitment to Sustainable Development - GlobeNewswire
- NITI Aayog to hold SDG Conclave 2020 in Guwahati - Devdiscourse
- North East Sustainable Development Goals Conclave 2020 in Assam - United News of India
- MY GOVERNMENT BELIEVES IN SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT: NARENDRA MODI - Industry Global News 24
- Cabinet approves creation of 12-member ‘Tech Group’ on policy advice, R&D - Indus Dictum